Message from the Chair
We are Ruth Forster and Cllr Louise Farthing and we are the Chair and Vice Chair of the Governing Body. We would like to introduce you to the other members and to the work that we do on behalf of the children.
The Governing Body carries out a very important job behind the scenes in supporting and challenging the school staff to improve the outcomes for children.
You will see from the table our current list of Governors and their roles on the governing body.
We work closely as a team particularly with the Headteacher and senior staff on a wide variety of tasks which include:
- developing a strategic plan for the school;
- determining school aims, policies and priorities;
- setting targets;
- monitoring and evaluating the work of the school;
- appointing staff;
- managing the budget;
- securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour;
- ensuring that all children in the school have access to a broad and balanced curriculum;
- ensuring the health and safety and safeguarding of pupils and staff.
These are just some of the tasks that as governors we are responsible for. Some of these things may seem complicated or at least a bit dull! But we can honestly say that we really enjoy the huge satisfaction we get from seeing how rapidly the school is improving and feel valued for our part in it. We are a strong team with a variety of skills who work well together and have a shared commitment to continuing the journey together for the benefit of all our children in the future.
Occasionally we have a vacancy for parent governors we would encourage any parent who may be interested in being a governor to get in touch with us or Mr Lofthouse so you can find out more about the role and if you would like to be nominated.